Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering; Rezound, fir filter, digital clipping

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Mastering; Rezound, fir filter, digital clipping
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 19:52:09 EEST

> as jack is very modular you can like the stereo outs of ardour
> to jamin's inputs and use jack transport to sync them.

But if I take my audio to a mastering place and they only run Windows
XP...

Unfortunately technological conservatism is prevalent in the creative
industries. In design, they're still using Apple - because they
bought Apple 15 years ago, not because it's inherently better.

When I used Quark Xpress it couldn't even make a decent index, but
just try gettting a book or magazine printed from any other file
format.

Cheers

Daniel