Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Music and Sound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Music and Sound
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 08:49:41 EEST

Michael Hall wrote:

> I'm wondering if Dave Phillip's book 'Linux Music and Sound' is still a good
> buy. Given that it was published 3 years ago, would much of the material now be
> out of date?

Hi Michael:

  Yes, I'm afraid much of it (most of it?) is out of date. It's probably
still useful as introductory material for Csound, Common Music Notation,
and a few other things, but I hesitate to recommend it. I'm supposed to
be working on the 2nd edition, and I've collected a good lot of material
for it, but I still need to work out some issues with my publisher.

  You're likely to get much more timely information from this list. :)

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org