Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Music and Sound

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Music and Sound
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 10:58:24 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Michael Hall wrote:
>

>>I'm wondering if Dave Phillip's book 'Linux Music and Sound' is still a good
>>buy. Given that it was published 3 years ago, would much of the material now be
>>out of date?
>

> Hi Michael:
>
> Yes, I'm afraid much of it (most of it?) is out of date. It's probably
> still useful as introductory material for Csound, Common Music Notation,
> and a few other things, but I hesitate to recommend it.

you might still want to file an acquisition request in your local
public/university library :)

it's what i'm doing to silently sneak linux stuff into the heads of
students, and if it fails it has the nice side-effect to get some money
to authors and publishers....

;)

jörn

--
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from
the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or

Jörn Nettingsmeier Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server) http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/ (Linux Audio Developers)