Re: [linux-audio-user] Audigy 2 and DSP24

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Audigy 2 and DSP24
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 13:52:42 EEST

torsdagen den 19 juni 2003 13.06 skrev Khadiyd Idris:
> I see on creative website,
> Audigy 2 Platinum can record at 24bit/96K
> But it's the platinum version...

Hi,

I really shouldn't comment about the Audigy 2, but I don't think the
difference isn't that big from the Audigy.

What I do remember about the audigy was that a lot of people shouted foul when
it came to Creative's adverts. As I recall the original Audigy was also
advertised as 24bit, which later was proven a marketing stunt.

Now, to be truthful, If those extra bits really mean anything to you, that
probably means you have reeeealy expensive equipment for the rest of the
signal chain.
Then you should probably buy a more expensive soundcard anyway.
Any of the envy24 based cards and/or the Hammerfall cards would do splendidly.

/Robert