Re: [linux-audio-user] New powermacs?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] New powermacs?
From: Alexandre Prokoudine (avp_AT_altlinux.ru)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 16:51:22 EEST

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:24:17 -0700 (PDT)
Brian Redfern <bredfern_AT_calarts.edu> wrote:

> The problem I had with osx was that there wasn't enough good audio
> freeware. Pd works well, and so does csound and soundhack, but I
> use a lot of midi and find the lack of a free app like muse or
> rosegarden4 is not so nice, given logic audio costs $750.

I don't know for alsa, but JACK is in alpha/beta stage of being
ported to MacOS X. And in MusE you can switch to JACK...

Can't say for Rosegarden -- it depends on KDE and it's not that easy
to compile KDE for Mac OS X AFAIK. Though I'd like to see RG on Mac
OS X very much too....

--
Alexandre Prokoudine
ALT Linux Documentation Team