[linux-audio-user] hydrogen with jack_transport

Subject: [linux-audio-user] hydrogen with jack_transport
From: Martin Buechler (martin.buechler_AT_vrweb.de)
Date: Tue Jul 01 2003 - 16:13:53 EEST

Comix wrote:

> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 16:09:08 +0200
> From: Comix <acominu_AT_tiscali.it>
> To: linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu
> Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [MusE] Re: Syncing muse with ardour
>
> Hi all, the current stable version has not any control-related features!
> You can find some experiments and hacks with MMC in the CVS, it should
> work with ardour.

:( just discovered that in hydrogen's current CVS, still have to find
out, what 'Assign midi msg' in Preferences means...

> ..some days ago I discovered the Jack-Transport API...guys, this API is
> fantastic! :)
> In my local hydrogen copy I have a full controlled app (start, stop,
> position...) and works without problem as a jack-transport slave (ardour
> is hte master)...so be patient ;)
>
> [SNIP]

No, I want it now :)
@comix: Is there a schedule, when your jack transport moves into CVS?
I'd really like to learn from that.

Jack's CVS does not include the proposed transport API by Jack O'Quin
yet, only the soon to be deprecated jack_set/get_transport_info functions.

Is there a kind of testbed for jack's transport API proposal?
It is supposed to be the precondition for ardour's 1.0-release. The
sooner other apps incorporate it, the better, I think.

Regards

Martin