[linux-audio-user] jack+fluidsynth: no sound

Subject: [linux-audio-user] jack+fluidsynth: no sound
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 19:53:58 EEST

Hello!

Sorry for the previous letter. The problem was fixed by pointing jackd
to the device hw:0 . Now it does not crash - but nor does it output any
sound!

I run all of the following as root, in this order, from different
terminal windows:

jackd -d alsa -d hw:0
fluidsynth --verbose -a jack YamahaGrand_Adcock.SF2
noteedit

I use NoteEdit because I have already tested it with fluidsynth (but
without jack). The --verbose option for fluidsynth was added to diagnose
the problem.

So, I play something on noteedit - with all the default settings, in the
same way as before (with alsa, when it worked). And I see noteon and
noteoff lines in fluidsynth. But no sound is output!

Tried aplay to the device hw:0 for a test. It works fine. So, the
problem seems to be with either jack, or fluidsynth jack support.

Thanks in advance for any tips on fixing this!

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik