[linux-audio-user] noteedit fails unless run as root

Subject: [linux-audio-user] noteedit fails unless run as root
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 20:45:43 EEST

Hello!

Previously, noteedit worked all right in my system, run as user. It
worked with fluidsynth (which was run as root) via alsa.

Now, it no longer starts as user. Instead it outputs a window that says:
===

An internal error happened somewhere.

The message is:
"correctReadTrillsSlursAndDynamics: internal error"
Error Code is: 5

The program must be interrupted.

===

As root, it still starts and works.

I have tried rebuilding noteedit; this did not solve the problem.

The change in the system was that I have built and installed jack,
ladspa and rosegarden. However, jackd is NOT running; nor is rosegarden.

Of course, it's possible to run noteedit as root - seems like I'll have
to do it with rosegarden anyway. But this is not something I'd prefer to
do. Perhaps there is a cleaner way of fixing this?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik