Re: [linux-audio-user] gmorgan-0.02

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] gmorgan-0.02
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 11:10:08 EEST

Hi Austin,

torsdagen den 10 juli 2003 03.06 skrev Austin:
> Just a reminder that I'm (trying) keeping up with Holborn and everyone
> else's new releases for Mandrake. All updated packages are availale on all
> Mandrake cooker mirrors (like ftp://mandrake.redbox.cz). If you're running
> cooker, you can just install them. If you're running Mandrake 9.1, just
> rpm --rebuild the source rpm.
>
> As an off-topic aside, Mandrake 9.2 should include all the best audio and
> video applications. Some exceptions include csound, rtsynth, and jmax
> because of non-free licencing policies, but everything else is included.

I guess you already know, but csound has changed license recently, but that
was for the core parts only. I think the modules have their own licenses and
it might not have rippled through just yet.
But afaict it should be possible to bundle also in a while.

BTW, what are the policy of mandrake since rtsynth and jmax can't be bundled?
I don't know about jmax, but with rtsynth isn't the only draw back that there
is no source? Or is there some other license problem?

> I'd also like to thank Holborn for his cool new additions to the
> open-source music community. I've used horgand quite a bit myself already.

Another user for you Holborn! ;)

Regards,
/Robert