[linux-audio-user] envy24control compilation

Subject: [linux-audio-user] envy24control compilation
From: Lee Azzarello (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 06:54:32 EEST

Just downloaded the envy24control-0.0.4 source for my M-Audio 1010-LT
from: http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa/ftp/others/envy24control/

Won't configure on my Gentoo Linux 1.4 system. Errors:

checking for ALSA CFLAGS...
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS... -lasound
checking for libasound headers version >= 0.5.5... found.
checking for snd_cards in -lasound... no
configure: error: No linkable libasound was found.

but:

bash-2.05b# locate libasound
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2
/usr/lib/libasound.so
/usr/lib/libasound.la
/usr/lib/libasound.so.1

???

-l[e^2]
http://www.fallingforward.net/
people experimenting with music, art and technology