[linux-audio-user] Short-term broadband connection -- what to download?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Short-term broadband connection -- what to download?
From: BartonBosch_AT_aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 07:42:59 EEST

I have a broadband connection for the next couple of weeks. I am in the process of downloading the CCRMA ISOs, so that I can do some music composition, sound editing and whatever else I discover. My primary interest at this point is in writing audio and midi based music with MusE/Rosegarden and then recording it, not necessarily in real time, to wav or another audio format.

Any suggestions as to what software I will wish I had downloaded after I am back at 56k? Audio samples are an obvious necessity. Other than the nskit drum samples, and the soundfont packages, what else might I want to look into? And what other categories of software would be useful?

Thanks,

Barton