Re: [linux-audio-user] EMI 6|2m

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] EMI 6|2m
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 20:15:57 EEST

Hallo,
Martin Hauptmann hat gesagt: // Martin Hauptmann wrote:

> Thank you, Frank!
>
> I insmodded snd-usb-audio but lsmod says, it is unused.

Hm, maybe unplugging helps? Is it your only or the first device? Then
you could try to play with "aplay -D default some.wav" even if the
module is "unused".

> I am an absolute beginner concerning multichannel recording.
>
> I do not even know how to recognize if it really works. I tried
> audacity, but it looks to me that it only knows 2-channel recording. But
> it doesn't even record with them with the emi 6|2m-box (which is ok,
> because the module is unused).

You might need to use an ~/.asoundrc. I use the one with my M-Audio
Quattro, that is available on alsa-project.org, probably there is a
similar one for the EMI, too. But stereo should work without one.

ciao