Re: [linux-audio-user] csound: Can it actually be compiled?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] csound: Can it actually be compiled?
From: glyn (glyn_AT_interchange.ubc.ca)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 01:14:18 EEST

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> I saw somewhere that one of the things in the next release is
> autoconfigure. Can anyone confirm this? When is the next release due? I
> also noticed a *very* out of date csounds.com. What's up? What has been
> the general reception and consequence of csound being GPL'ed?
>
> I'm very curious since I consider csound the main music application for
> linux...

csound is currently in a code freeze and is currently being redesigned
with a more modular architecture. the idea of using autoconf/etc. for
building is also being thrown around, and will hopefully be included
soon. my feeling is that having the source finally gpl'd and up on
sourceforge is going to be great for the language, although development
has been a little bit slow for my tastes. ;)

i think the lack of updates on csounds.com has more to do with the fact
that it's largely maintained by one person, dr. richard boulanger;
while it's a pretty comprehensive resource it obviously hasn't kept pace
with developments in the user/dev community, for whatever reason.

glyn