Re: [linux-audio-user] [ot] places for open music?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ot] places for open music?
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 11:53:20 EEST

> That Pete Seeger license is a very early form of the GPL. ;-)

It probably helped that Seeger was working in a folk tradition where
adapting other people's songs was the norm. I don't know if he'd have
felt so happy about bootleg copies of his vinyl releases...

I guess for folk music, the song book is the source code and the
performance is the binary.

Cheers

Daniel