RE: [linux-audio-user] filesystem performance

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] filesystem performance
From: Reuben Martin (MartinR_AT_jbu.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 03:17:02 EEST

>I dont think so...
>IMHO, reiserfs is slower than ext3
>I use it with rezound

I never said ext3 was slow :)

Both are fast, and your results may vary depending on what kernel and subsequent patches you have. Speeds for ext3 can vary depending on what mode (writeback, ordered, or journaled) you are using. Even though ext3 is very fast, reiserfs generally has better throughput and latency timings in my experience, which I personally find to be much more important than raw read/write times when working with audio.

-Reuben