Re: [linux-audio-user] Animatronic parrot solution?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Animatronic parrot solution?
From: Lee Azzarello (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 21:07:38 EEST

On Sat, 2003-08-16 at 10:59, Daniel James wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a suitable Linux solution for this parrot? I was
> thinking about ecasound combined with a pitch shift plugin, if one
> exists. If the solution could run entirely in RAM (CD booting,
> perhaps?) then that would solve the problem of hard disk reliability.

I would recommend programming a custom solution using Pure Data (PD).
You can use RAM buffers for the recording and playback. PD has an
internal timekeeping system so you can set a timeout for the default
messages. PD is cool because it's a graphical language based on boxes
and patch cords, so you don't need to memorize very much syntax.

http://www.pure-data.org