Re: [linux-audio-user] . Re: Animatronic parrot solution?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] . Re: Animatronic parrot solution?
From: Lee Azzarello (lee_AT_fallingforward.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 00:35:47 EEST

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:45, Jonathan Segel wrote:
> lee suggested PD, i would suggest SuperCollider.
>
> i have written many supercollider patches to do this sort of thing,
> but these are all in Mac - i'm still getting to the point of
> compiling SC in linux in my "free time" (tm). (though closer now,
> with debian unstable +alsa running on an older ppc!)

I have SuperCollider 3 server compiled on my Gentoo box. I've been using
SC since 2.2. Actually, it is the only piece of commercial software I've
ever felt was worth the money. Since it's source code opening and the
language and the server separating I haven't done much with it. I'm led
to believe the SC language is compiled separately from the server, which
I have compiled with JACK support.

However, for something as simple as programming a talking robot parrot,
I would expect PD to be much more straight forward.

-lee