Re: [linux-audio-user] Upgrading ALSA on Mandrake 9.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Upgrading ALSA on Mandrake 9.1
From: Austin (aacton_AT_yorku.ca)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 16:49:42 EEST

On 08/19/03 03:58:33, Daniel James wrote:
> Thanks for the response, Austin - after posting I figured out that
> Mandrake builds the alsa-driver package into its kernels, unlike the
> other ALSA packages which are seperate RPMs.

Yes. I've been working hard to make sure a recent and working alsa is part of
9.2, and I only have about two weeks left to do so.

As of last night, I believe all alsa-related packages are 0.9.6, and
everything seems to be working well except my M-Audio Quattro, which works
with alsa build from source, but not with the driver included with the
kernel. I'm working on a solution though.

Everything else is up-to-date as well I believe. Ardour beta3, audacity,
muse, swami, fluidsynth, all of Holborn's stuff, the multimedia kernel, and a
fancy new GUI for jack, etc. etc.

I still haven't managed to figure out a way to get csound in, but I figure
that anyone smart enough to be able to actually USE csound will also be smart
enough to know how to install it. :-)

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant