Re: [linux-audio-user] Upgrading ALSA on Mandrake 9.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Upgrading ALSA on Mandrake 9.1
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 10:58:33 EEST

Thanks for the response, Austin - after posting I figured out that
Mandrake builds the alsa-driver package into its kernels, unlike the
other ALSA packages which are seperate RPMs.

I'm even more confused now about how I managed this on the other
machine...

> Mandrake 9.2 beta3 should be out very soon, and it includes ALSA
> 0.9.6. If you have time to test it, it would be a very big help to
> us.

I am planning to test 9.2 - I think Mandrake does a great job of
balancing the latest software with user friendliness. It would be
easier not to be on the bleeding edge sometimes, but Linux audio is
developing so fast it would be a shame to miss out on the new stuff.

Cheers!

Daniel