[linux-audio-user] building noteedit -- how to set KDEDIR, QTDIR

Subject: [linux-audio-user] building noteedit -- how to set KDEDIR, QTDIR
From: James Jones (jamesjones01_AT_mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 07:23:24 EEST

OK. The noteedit docs say to set the environment variables QTDIR and
KTEDIR to the "path to your Qt installation" and "path to your KDE
installation" respectively. Those don't appear to be set by default,
and looking around on groups.google.com turns up a thread that says KDE
no longer uses KDEDIR or KDEDIRS, but instead there's a program called
kde-config that should be used instead.

 From running "rpm -ql qt" I'm guessing that I should set QTDIR to
/usr/lib/qt-3.1, but it's rather less clear what I should set KDEDIR to.

Looking around for kde-config options, I infer that KDEDIR should be set
to what

    kde-config --path ???

outputs where one of the possible "type" values replaces ???, but it's
not clear to me, even after looking at the configure script, what the
intent is. Any help would be appreciated. (Also, shouldn't the configure
script be changed to use kde-config itself, if KDEDIR is obsolete?)

    James Jones