[linux-audio-user] MusE: Jack or Alsa

Subject: [linux-audio-user] MusE: Jack or Alsa
From: BartonBosch_AT_aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 21:26:53 EEST

I have just installed the Planet on my linux partition and have started in to reading the jack and alsa user documentation.

I want to do some basic composition and aranging in midi. I was thinking that I would use MusE with Fluidsynth and various soundfonts. At this point I am not trying to input any external signals from guitars, hardware synths, mics, etc.

I noticed that MusE gives an option to use Alsa only or to use Jack (which I assume would be in combination with Alsa as a driver). Any opinions whether it is worth going to the trouble of learning to use jack with MusE to import, modify, create and playback midi tracks?

Thanks,

Barton