Re: [linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 20:31:49 EEST

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 09:19:56 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> I was looking for a solution that was possibly more like 'diff',
> where it finds where the differences begin in two text files even if the
> line numbers are different. When I read through the rsync description I
> didn't see that it would do that, but possibly it does.

This script turnes a pair of wav files into a pair of text files with one
sample per line and diffs them, it is pretty simple and did the job, but
its not very efficient. I used it to check dodgy spdif cables :)

run it with eg. "./audio-diff file1.wav file2.au"
it doesnt like float wav files though, cos it uses sox.

audio-diff:
-- cut --
#!
sox $1 /tmp/$$-a.dat