Re: [linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Invert And Mix
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 19:19:56 EEST

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 08:57, Len Moskowitz wrote:
> Mark wrote:
>
> > How could I make this work for two wave files that are supposed to be
> > bit-for-bit copies, but one is delayed by a Jack buffer delay? (Or some
> > other fixed, but unknown, amount.)
>
> Under Windows, I use Wavelab or Cool Edit to trim the initial silence so
> that the starting samples in the two files line up.
>
> This morning I'm trying to do the same with Audacity.
>

> Len Moskowitz

Len,
   Yes. I do the same thing by hand with Sound Forge, but that's not
automatic. For instance, I start recording on one machine before I start
playing on the first machine, so I get an unknown amount of opening
silence on the second recording. I'll be sending from one machine to the
other over ADAT, so I expect that the digital data will be identical,
but not time aligned.

   I was looking for a solution that was possibly more like 'diff',
where it finds where the differences begin in two text files even if the
line numbers are different. When I read through the rsync description I
didn't see that it would do that, but possibly it does.

Thanks,
Mark