Re: [linux-audio-user] [USB audio capture]: "standard" drivers, "mixers" and level controls

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [USB audio capture]: "standard" drivers, "mixers" and level controls
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 11:42:16 EEST

> > Would it be worth an ALSA or USB developer approaching M Audio
> > offering to write such a firmware loader
>
> Probably not, because I'm writing it already.

Glad to hear it!

> (It's the
> madfu-firmware module in the usb-midi-fw project on SourceForge,
> but it isn't yet complete.)

I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be direct collaboration
with M Audio on this particular bit of the software. There's an
obvious commercial advantage for the company, given that the number
of Linux desktops may have already passed the number of Macs in the
world - if not, it's only a matter of time.

I bought a Delta 1010 specifically to use with Linux because of the
good ALSA support. It would be great to have full Linux/ALSA support
across the whole M Audio/Midiman range.

Cheers

Daniel