Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question
From: Luke Yelavich (luke_AT_audioslack.com)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 09:05:14 EEST

At 08:01 AM 3/09/2003, millward wrote:
>How bad is 2 ms latency?
>I'm trying to decide upon a sound card and
>I've noticed that the Creative Sound Blaster
>Audigy 2 has a 2 ms latency, but offers
>"hiss free" audio fidelity at 106 dB SNR.
>The Delta 410 has zero latency, but its $200 US.

I would personally not choose Audigy, or any Creative card based on the
EMU10K1 chipset. These chips do all their processing at 48Khz. In other
words, a 44.1Khz signal comes in, is resampled to 48Khz, processed, and
then resampled back to the original sampling rate.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Luke

Luke Yelavich
AudioSlack Founder and main package maintainer
Audio software packaged for the Slackware Linux Distribution
http://www.audioslack.com
luke_AT_audioslack.com