RE: [linux-audio-user] Latency question

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Latency question
From: Reuben Martin (MartinR_AT_jbu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 06:12:59 EEST

2ms latency wouldn't be noticable, but if you're getting that number from a spec sheet you should know that your actual latency in real life could be quite a bit different. Besides, if you plan to do real multitracking, you may want to look into cards for more professional use. The Audigy2 is more geared towards consumer use.

Also, even though Audacity can mix multiple tracks, this is not it's primary use. It's more of an editor. You might want to consider something like Ardour.

For recording LPs/tapes to CD, try using Gnome Wave Cleaner for getting rid ot the hiss and clicks.

-Reuben