Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 13:32:39 EEST

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 02:59:52 -0500, Rick Taylor wrote / a écrit:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 11:22:52 +0400
> Guy Daniel CLOTILDE <guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for pointing this. I was thinking about this since a moment ( I have a low-end ymfpci yahama card that processes at 48 khz ). So is there something good about this?
> > Is it useful only when I sample at 48 khz and keep the file at 48 khz? In this case how will sound my 48 khz wave file on a machine with a 44 khz sound card?
>
> DVDs are recorded at 48 {Unless they're ultra special high quality or whatever}. How's a DVD sound?

*cough* I have no dvd on my laptop...
(I don't feel the need neither :)
So that's not really use for me to have a 48 khz soundcard... Why such a design from the manufacturer? Maybe it makes sense in mass production...

GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)