Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Latency question
From: Rick Taylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 14:17:58 EEST

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:32:39 +0400 Guy Clotilde <guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr>
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 02:59:52 -0500, Rick Taylor wrote / a écrit:

} khz? In this case how will sound my 48 khz wave file on a machine with } a 44 khz sound card?

> > DVDs are recorded at 48 {Unless they're ultra special high quality } or whatever}. How's a DVD sound?
>
> *cough* I have no dvd on my laptop...
> (I don't feel the need neither :)

 Sorry. It makes for a lovely portable tv.

> So that's not really use for me to have a 48 khz soundcard... Why such

 If you put a dvd into your desktop machine and set the sound at 44...
 it gives you an idea of what the sound's like. {resampling and all.}

 Alternately you could just play a 48khz file at 44.1 and see if you
 like it better that way than at 48...

} a design from the manufacturer? Maybe it makes sense in mass
} production...

 I don't know. I do know there's a ton of information about it on the
 net... if you do a web search you can find all kinds of stuff.

 {I don't know if you went to that link or not but they have this
 page linked:

 This guy's got some nice in depth reviews {Tho' it's not been updated in a while} http://www.pcavtech.com/soundcards/index.htm

 A nice quicky comparison chart:
 http://www.digitalexperience.com/cards.html }