Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 01:50:15 EEST

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 17:12, Robert Epprecht wrote:

> > 2) Show your /etc/modules.conf file so we can see what you're trying to
> > run
>
> Well it's not so much what *I am trying to run*, but what my installation
> does ;-)

:-) Smart a$$! ;-)

> ### update-modules: end processing /etc/modutils/alsa
> [ snip ]
> alias char-major-10-135 rtc

I do not have this line, but I doubt it matters.

I have a bit more stuff you don't. Maybe it will help, but I doubt it:

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss

> > 3) Run hdspmixer and see what signals you see when running audio through
> > it. alsaplayer is fine for this purpose.
>
> All the meters in the middle row show activity.

OK, so that is sound coming from your application. You probably need to
route it to the outputs you want it to go to. This will be different
from my HDSP 9652, as per Jesse's instructions about where you are
supposed to route, but as a test, you should see audio (green or yellow)
on each output that has input in the middle row. It sounds like you are
not?

> BTW: Alsaplayer says 'Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults"
> Is this a hint?

Sounds like the answer would be yes, but I'm not sure. How are you
getting the audio you see above if you are not using alsaplayer? Are you
using an Alsa or JAck app? Or are you using OSS emulation?

> > 4) Run hdspconf and look at the way you have clocks set up. (I think
> > this will work for your hardware, but I'm not sure.)
>
> Oh, I hadn't noticed this program yet (It is not in alsa-tools 0.9.6)
> Looks very handy! It shows:
>
> Pref Sync Ref ADAT1 in
> SyncCheck all say 'No Lock'
> SPDIF In internal