RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Mon Sep 08 2003 - 21:02:47 EEST

> >> # route jack inputs to line out
> > Would you please tell me how exactly to start jackd?
>
> oups, reading through it again, I realise that you *didn't* talk about
> jackd when you say 'jack inputs'. Never mind,
> Robert

I get that you're not going to run jack right now, but later, if you want
to, do:

(As a user)

jackd -d alsa -d hw

to just run it. Try:

jackd -v -d alsa -d hw

to get lots of messages about what it's doing. As root try:

jackd -v -R -d alsa - d hw

to run Jack with realtime capabilities and messages.

man jackd will tell you all this and more.

- Mark