Re: [linux-audio-user] Steinberg USB MIDI 2 and red hat?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Steinberg USB MIDI 2 and red hat?
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 17:38:59 EEST

> > onto my steinberg that wouldn't be right, considering the steinberg
> > isn't listed on their hardware list...
> >

> hotplug is so that your system can communicate with USB devices. If you
> already have a usb device that is working you don't need to install it.
>
> You should try using hte usb-audio driver and report what you get with
>
> cat /proc/asound/devices
> or cat /proc/asound/cards
>
> If it is standards complient it should work out of the box. If it needs
> firmware then Clemens Ladisch is your best bet. But he may be busy.

Hmm. I definitely don't have any working USB devices - this is the first
USB device I'm trying to bring online. I read that the Steinberg DOES need
firmware, but I have yet to find any - Clemens Ladisch, you say?

I will mess around with usb-audio driver and such tonight...

thanks, I'll let ya know what I find...