Re: [linux-audio-user] Red Hat and ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Red Hat and ALSA
From: Emiliano Grilli (emillo_AT_libero.it)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 09:55:08 EEST

marted́, 23 settembre 2003 alle 08:36:43, Joerg Anders ha scritto:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm searching for a good place for Red Hat ALSA RPMs.
> I'm convincend there are many. But is there an "official"
> web site ? I know Red Hat doesn't ship ALSA on CD.
> But I read about a so-called "Red Hat community".
> (Unfortunately, I'm not familar with the Red Hat
> package policy.)
>
> Can anybody give a hint?

I think they are ALSA rpms on http://freshrpms.net , but if you want the
best resource for Linux audio/music on Red Hat (supported versions are 7.3,
8.0 and 9.0) you surely have to check out PlanetCCRMA:

http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

The latest version of ALSA is included, along with a low-latency patched
kernel and a ton of applications, all easily fetchable/upgradable via
apt-get and very well documented.

They also have iso images if you don't have a decent connection handy.
I'll never thank enough Fernando (the guy who is behind this wonderful
project) for giving us such a useful resource.

Check it out.

Cheers,

--
  | Emiliano Grilli       |