Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT Preamp Gain

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT Preamp Gain
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 20:50:29 EEST

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 06:14:30PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> The latency is probably higher than freqtweak though. If you reduce the
> limiter release time to its minimum it will be 5.3ms @ 48kHz.

Hmm. I'd be very careful of latency in a live performance for the mains
or especially the monitors. 5 ms is roughly equivalent to moving
your monitors 5 feet farther away. This might be a problem on
a big stage where things are already pretty kooky. Or maybe not -
I haven't tried :-) I'm very curious to hear if it works for you.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com Look! Up in the sky! It's ULTIMO-XENON OF UNIMAGINABLE GIRTH! (random hero from isometric.spaceninja.com)