Re: [linux-audio-user] Live mixing Linux system (was: Delta 1010LT Preamp Gain)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Live mixing Linux system (was: Delta 1010LT Preamp Gain)
From: Greg Reddin (gtreddin_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 20:39:57 EEST

I know of at least one system like this. I can't remember the name
and I don't know what OS it uses, but I suspect it's Windows. A
local auditorium uses it. It provides EQ, dynamics processing, delay
lines, and routing. They use it for all their FOH and monitor
processing, sending a delayed signal to the balcony, and several
signals to the green room and other places in the building. I
believe it can be controlled via LAN as well. I haven't seen the
user interface, but I have seen the rack. There may be other
hardware involved besides just the computer.

I hope to not wait a few years b/c I need EQ's and compressors right
now and can't afford to go buy them and don't have the space to store
them. So I'll probably be throwing some code out over the next few
months and if it sucks, I'm sure everyone will let me know :-)

Greg