Re: [linux-audio-user] easy sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] easy sampler
From: horsh (horsh_AT_mail.ru)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2003 - 15:39:30 EEST

Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> Is there any ready to use sampler for linux/alsa?
>> I would realy love to use shaketracker with a sampler
>> to acheve usual tracker functionality.
>> (No, although cheesetracker is perfect, I very very want midi too)
>> I don't need gig or halion support or even sf2
>> just plain .wav sampler.
>
> Which brings me to a question: What is a
> sampler? Or more specific:
> What kind of sampler do you look for?

I am looking for a kind of sampler
which would have usual tracker's sampler
functionality.
(as in ScreamTracker, ImpulseTracker,
CheeseTracker)

The main features are:
*ease of changing samples on the fly*,
*usability*.

In fact I just want the second half of
conventional tracker to use with
ShakeTracker which is midi sequencer.

The algorithm "swami convert into sf2 save
 load into fluidsynth"
 proposed by Jeremiah Benham is not okay
 this must be done by a couple of
 mouse clicks [or better keyboard shortcuts].

looks like simsam is something promising.
can't wait until I get to my linux box
and try it.