Re: [linux-audio-user] Filesystem: Ardour / SWD / Laptop

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Filesystem: Ardour / SWD / Laptop
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 10:03:16 EEST

Sunday 28 September 2003 22.38 skrev Austin:
> On 09/28/2003 12:13:26 PM, glimt wrote:
> > Laptops go into suspend mode, come out of suspend mode, support suspend
> > to disk, etc. Most of the bugs I have seen mentioned revolve around this
> > area. Also, laptops tend to run out of power and just go thunk (if no
> > power management is configured) than desktops do.
>
> You're right. I rarely use battery power on my laptop, so I didn't think
> of that.
>
> > How does ReiserFS perform for multimedia work? OK, or do I really
> > absolutely need to use XFS?

I think it's quite common here to use RaiserFS for everything but /tmp, with
quite good performance. Some are using ext3 also. I don't think it's such a
big issue...

Myself I use RaiserFS together with tmpfs for /tmp, seems to be working quite
well. I do have x-runs at times, har to tell what they are related to
though...

/Robert