RE: [linux-audio-user] Weird glitchy noise in Mozilla

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Weird glitchy noise in Mozilla
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 16:40:59 EEST

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:06:32PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 06:24:17 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > > I'd like to ask a few kind folks to visit this page in the
> next few days
> > > and report back what happens on your system:
> > >
> > > http://www.native-instruments.com
> >
> > It works fine with my maestro3 + rh9 planet system, but the player is
> > written in shockwave flash, so maybe its a flash bug.
> >
> > - Steve
>
> It works fine for me too:
>
> Mozilla 1.4, ALSA from 2.6.0-test6, onboard VIA sound.
> 'about:plugins' says Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79.
>
> cheers,
> Christian

Steve and Christian,
   Thanks for the feedback. Possibly this is an HDSP type bug, either in the
complete family, or in just the HDSP 9652. In the cold light of the morning
I wonder now why I didn't reboot my newly constituted Reaktor Session
machine back into Planet CCRMA Redhat and try it there, so I'll do that this
evening. That machine uses a Hammerfall Light.

   I hope one or two HDSP type users (Patrick? Jesse?) Might run by this web
site and listen to Absynth 2. It's not a bad way to spend a couple of
minutes anyway.

   It would actually be a positive outcome (I think) to find it is only the
HDSP 9652 since then I could focus on just working to get that fixed.

   Thanks very much for your help.

- Mark