[linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 - spdif in

Subject: [linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 - spdif in
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 19:47:27 EEST

Hi all,

To be honest I'm posting this before investigating all possibilites
myself, but i'm fast approaching the 'hugely frustrated stage'.

How do I enable the spdif input on my audiophile 2496, please? A bit of
googling suggested I should change the line in
/usr/share/alsa/cards/ICE1712.conf from

slave.channels 10

slave.channels 20

which should enable input (and disable output since you can't have both
at the same time on this card.) Correct?

I'm looking at the envy24control mixer settings, and I've unmuted the
spdif input channels and turned up the sliders, but no input is showing
on the meters. Is there anything else I should be doing? I haven't got
an .asoundrc, should I?

thanks, Jordan.