Re: [linux-audio-user] SYSEX dumping/receiving in linux?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SYSEX dumping/receiving in linux?
From: Tim Orford (tim_AT_orford.org)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 15:51:08 EEST

> as I'm googling around, I've read a couple of things about being able to do
> cat <sysexfilename> >/dev/midi00
>
> but that has not yet worked :)

and it wont in general because the timing is wrong - too fast i guess.

> actually right now I'm trying to dump qcard (programs, aka patches, aka
> instruments aka sounds baby :) ) sysex files into an alesis s4 (the
> quadrasynth rack mount version) - it's the S4, not the S4 plus - which makes

ah. ok.

sounds like you want what i would call a midi librarian. I like the realtime
recording method for quickly saving a few sounds to reconstitute a
session without adding extra files, but is not good for maintaining a
library :-)

the other methods mentioned by yourself and Rick sound good.

cheers!

--
Tim Orford