Re: [linux-audio-user] DeMuDi + Debian Testing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] DeMuDi + Debian Testing
From: Rick Taylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 01:16:30 EEST

felipe <filippo_AT_email.it> wrote:

>> Does anyone know anything about testing (sarge) that would break
>> the DeMuDi packages?
>
>I would guess pretty much the whole OS
>
>But isn't DeMuDi too old? I mean I haven't checked in the last few months,
>but I remeber they had very old versions of everything...

 Most of the apps are available in the stock distribution. It's not quite as
stable as stable but you get the added advantages of Gnome2 {which, alone, is
worth the upgrade}, a whole new set of apps in your dselect window and much more
media stuff. If everything's working well it makes sense to upgrade.

 As far as breaking the Demudi stuff goes... I really don't know. Most of the
software that interests me is available through standard channels. Low latency
and rt patches {as well as some other nifty stuff} download the same way.