Re: [linux-audio-user] record audio cd's using ide drive?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] record audio cd's using ide drive?
From: Rob (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 01:39:32 EEST

On Thursday 09 October 2003 14:44, Rick Taylor wrote:
> >I haven't tried it, but I bet it just needs GNU vcdimager.
> Basically they're just mpeg1 files with a "dat" extension
> {or not} and something to point your vcd player at the file
> {or not}... http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

Oh, you definitely can use vcdimager to make vcd files out of
appropriately formatted (1150kbit video, 224kbit audio, etc...)
mpg files; I do it all the time in conjunction with some scripts
I wrote to convert any video into the appropriate mpg format. I
just wasn't sure whether it works with arson specifically, which
is what Jeremiah was asking for.

Rob