Re: [linux-audio-user] Because you know you want it.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Because you know you want it.
From: Rick Taylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 14:46:22 EEST

iriXx <m_AT_irixx.org> wrote:

>looks cool. although including a pic of a space shuttle that recently
>blew up is a bit insensetive...whoops, i think they need to update the
>page....

>> http://www.gnu-darwin.org/index.php?page=install-x86

 I didn't realize these guys were actually serious... Last time I looked at
Darwin for pc it was a tiny little 2 meg package that just sort of sat on your
hard drive and beamed "I am Darwin for pc... you have better things to do" at
you... sort of like one of those bobbly-headed dogs that sits on the dashboard
in your grandma's Ford only with a Mac apple logo on it. I thought it was still
a tiny 2 meg package.

 They actually have a whole distribution put together... x86 install disks and
the whole bit. {Not that I've gotten it to install on anything yet.}

 Here my mind is aflame with new dangerous visions of toppling MS's world
domination overnight by by giving OSX to the pc masses, who thought they were
doomed to run win XPzillion forever, and all you can say is "their shuttle is
tasteless"? :}

 Damn! Where the hell is Che Guevera when you need him?