Re: [linux-audio-user] Copyrights on samples

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Copyrights on samples
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 16:33:32 EEST

> many years ago the shamen's "move any mountain" cd single
> had all the different unmixed samples from that song as separate
> tracks on the disc.

I seem to remember it was available in a triple vinyl version, also
explicitly intended for remixing. I was lucky enough to see The
Shamen before Will died.

> reminds me of the time my friend and i remixed smothered hope with
> cool edit - every little change we made took 5 to 10 minutes

Last time I used Cool Edit it was no better when it came to opening
and working with projects - Audacity 1.0 for Windows was much faster
on the same machine, a P2-450 with 512MB RAM.

Cheers

Daniel