[linux-audio-user] please excuse my IDIOCY!!!

Subject: [linux-audio-user] please excuse my IDIOCY!!!
From: Aaron Trumm (aaron_AT_nquit.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 00:00:28 EEST

sometimes I can be such a damn cone head. I've sent this twice, letting it
be in html form which I think will get rejected I hope y'all don't get
three copies of it.

--
Hello all - here's something I'm having a bit of trouble with, I thought
y'all might know (hell it might've been in that huge mp3/ogg thread and I

I need to be able to rip hi res mp3s (320kbs) for submission to certain liscensing agencies (they insist) - but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this on my linux box. I know lame is the main backend - but I had some kind of trouble a couple weeks back either locating it or finding detailed info about it or something (I'm gonna go back and do this homework again), and then of course there's the matter of a front end, which I don't necessarily care about :) (but I remember not being able to figure out the proper command line commands or something)

I had much success doing 128kbs mp3s - grip does it, audacity will just change a wav to an mp3, that's awesome, but they don't seem to deal with higher resolution than 128 - something made me think it's just not happening yet in linux and that I need to just rip them on my windows machine...was I right about this?

I hope I didn't just miss someone talking about this on that long thread :)