Re: [linux-audio-user] Updating GTK2 on RH 8.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Updating GTK2 on RH 8.0
From: Ketil Thorgersen (linuxuadio_AT_rytmisk.net)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 18:35:42 EEST

fredag 17. oktober 2003, 16:18, skrev Austin Acton:
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 06:10, Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> > Talking about Mandrake. After having postponed my testdrive of Mandrake
> > as DAW a couple of weeks ago in the wait for 9.2, You told me that 9.2
> > wuld come with ardour, but as far as I can see they are only in contrib
> > (and ardour is there also in beta 3 whlie I can see that Thac has
> > released a 9.1 rpm of beta5) Is this what you meant that it was a part of
> > contrib, or is there another reposotory somewhere?
>
> Yes, all the good audio stuff is in contrib. I'm sure I pointed that
> out in the HowTo. Beta3 was the latest version when 9.2 development was
> frozen, so that's what went in. Thac's RPM of beta5 should work fine,
> although I don't think there's much difference between the two
> versions. I think we'll all be a lot happier when ardour 1.0 is
> released.

Ardour and jack is up and running now, and I've even gotten my staudio c-port
to make sounds. The ladcca rpm gives a peculiar error though: Trying to start
it by typing 'ladccad' gives:
"cca_create_dir: could not create directory '/home/austin/': Permission
denied"
and then the file it doesn't find in /home/austin. I can of course make a user
called "Austin", but is there a way to make ladcca understand that I am
Ketil, not austin?

Best
Ketil