Re: [linux-audio-user] Updating GTK2 on RH 8.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Updating GTK2 on RH 8.0
From: Austin Acton (aacton_AT_yorku.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 17:18:53 EEST

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 06:10, Ketil Thorgersen wrote:
> Talking about Mandrake. After having postponed my testdrive of Mandrake as DAW
> a couple of weeks ago in the wait for 9.2, You told me that 9.2 wuld come
> with ardour, but as far as I can see they are only in contrib (and ardour is
> there also in beta 3 whlie I can see that Thac has released a 9.1 rpm of
> beta5) Is this what you meant that it was a part of contrib, or is there
> another reposotory somewhere?

Yes, all the good audio stuff is in contrib. I'm sure I pointed that
out in the HowTo. Beta3 was the latest version when 9.2 development was
frozen, so that's what went in. Thac's RPM of beta5 should work fine,
although I don't think there's much difference between the two
versions. I think we'll all be a lot happier when ardour 1.0 is
released.

Austin

--
                                 Austin Acton
        Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate