Re: [linux-audio-user] please excuse my IDIOCY!!!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] please excuse my IDIOCY!!!
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 17:44:25 EEST

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 04:00:28PM -0500, Aaron Trumm wrote:
> I had much success doing 128kbs mp3s - grip does it, audacity will just
> change a wav to an mp3, that's awesome, but they don't seem to deal with
> higher resolution than 128

Audacity has a setup to choose what bit rate you wasnt on exported MP3s.
(That's Audacity 1.0.1)

If yours can make MP3s you've probably got lame installed already, because
Audacity calls for external help to do MP3 encoding (and that's usually
means lame)

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk