Re: [linux-audio-user] How to check if I have midi connection?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] How to check if I have midi connection?
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 21:19:11 EEST

> I believe the ALSA status page isn't as up-to-date as it should be.

We had a discussion on this list about this issue recently. Basically,
it's all on the shoulders of one guy to keep it up to date, and that
isn't really fair. I'd like to see the ALSA status page become more
wiki-like so we can all contribute in keeping it up to date. All the
distributions seem to use it as the definitive reference, even though
it isn't.

There's also the opportunity to raise some funds for the project by
organising the information to recommend the best equipment, in terms
of best compatibility and driver support. Since soundcards are a
relatively high-ticket item (compared to CDs or books, say) the
referral fees from on-line retailers should make it worthwhile.

Cheers

Daniel