Re: [linux-audio-user] generating soundfonts

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] generating soundfonts
From: Rocco (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 05:49:00 EEST

atte_AT_ballbreaker.dk wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm working on some soundfonts in swami, but it's frustrating that
> there's no sample editing features in there. Basically what I need is
> simply to removed portions of the sample. This is not possible from
> within swami, right?
>
> Next solution would be to process the samples in some other program, but
> then it would be nice to be able to setup sample points here that were
> imported into swami. Is that possible, and if so with which program?
>
> Thanks in advance...

I just started up "smurf" (sound font editor) and it will edit a sample.
I don't know how well it works because I only tried it for a second to
see if it worked.

If I'm not mistaken, "smurf" was the original name for "swami". I think
that "smurf" is just an earlier version of "swami". But I could be wrong.

Rocco