Re: [linux-audio-user] muse: no alsa :(

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] muse: no alsa :(
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 17:22:53 EEST

Hi Sasha,

there seems to be several problems here.

1. starting muse w/o jack

2. starting jack with sudo, with -d hw:0

3. starting jack without -d hw:0

-----
Number 3 would probably work better if you added the -d hw:0

Number 2... I've never tried to sudo it, try as "normal" root. Though the
errors you get may suggest that there is something wrong with your
soundcard-setup.

Number 1... well, the data printed suggests your card is severely
misconfigured... I have no good clues to what may be the problem.

What is in your /etc/modules.conf?

What other programs have you gotten to work that proves that audio works?

/Robert